Submit Your New/Revised Nursing Diagnoses Now!
Our publication, “NANDA-I International Nursing Diagnoses: Definitions & Classification”, is updated on an biennial basis. If you would like to submit a new or revised diagnosis for consideration in our next edition, the deadline is February 28, 2023.
Our Diagnosis Development Committee is not able to extend this deadline due to publication schedules. Therefore, it is critical that all diagnoses for consideration be submitted through our online portal, no later than February 28.
About Our Publication
“NANDA-I International Nursing Diagnoses: Definitions & Classification” is the definitive guide to nursing diagnoses, as reviewed and approved by NANDA-I. We write all introductory chapters at an undergraduate nursing level, providing the critical information needed for nurses to understand assessment, its link to diagnosis and clinical reasoning, and the purpose and use of the taxonomic structure for a bedside nurse.
Each publication includes:
- New and revised nursing diagnoses.
- Updates to nursing diagnosis labels, ensuring they are consistent with current literature and reflect a human response.
- Modifications to the vast majority of the nursing diagnosis definitions, including risk diagnoses.
- Standardization of diagnostic indicator terms (defining characteristics, related factors, risk factors, associated conditions, and at-risk populations) to further aid clarity for readers and clinicians.
- Web-based resources include chapter and reference lists for new diagnoses.
Stay tuned for an announcement regarding the next publication date!