Submit a Diagnosis
Click below to fill out and submit one of the four Diagnosis forms. Within each form, you will be able to specify whether your submission is for a new diagnosis or a revision to a current diagnosis.
Diagnosis Development Committee and Task Force(s):
Formulates and conducts review processes of proposed new and revised diagnoses. There will be one standing committee, and multiple task forces. The duties of the standing committee include, but are not limited to:
- identifying areas of focus for diagnostic development/revision
- reviewing newly proposed, proposed revisions, or proposed deletions of nursing diagnoses
- soliciting and disseminating feedback from experts
- implementing processes to receive and incorporate important feedback from the membership
- implementing standards for approval/requests for revision/rejection of diagnoses
- presenting approved/revised/rejected/retired diagnoses to the Board and membership of the Association
- slotting diagnoses within the taxonomy upon acceptance into the terminology.
Task forces will be specific to strategic plan items assigned to the Director of Diagnosis Development, and may include groups focused on domain-specific content areas, review of oldest diagnoses in the terminology, etc.
Strategic Plan Responsibilities
Enhance knowledge development
- DDC needs to apply to the board with the detailed plan and the request for the financial resources needed.
- DDC will develop a plan to identify and prioritize diagnoses for revision and the resources needed; particularly those on “fast track” (with graduate students or experts delivering the work on a paid basis) as well core / key diagnoses.
Promote Dissemination of knowledge
- Identify a plan for educational offerings including basic and advanced level clinical courses (online); faculty education (online and / or blended learning); diagnosis development and refinement education (maybe via summer schools / writing workshops) with the Chair of Diagnosis Development and the Chief Executive Officer
- Who We Are
- Connect & Engage
- Educational Offerings
- Publications & Resources
- NANDA Foundation
- News & Events